Monday, October 23, 2006

CECA Conference

Monday I attended the CECA conference. I enjoyed many discussions including the keynote by David Warlick which focussed on the new literacy and how we must redefine how we approach technology. He made several points that made me reflect on my teaching practice.

Education must be student driven, not teacher driven in order to survive in this flattened world where technology is changing by the month. The technology and modes of communication that were new six months ago are already dead. The fact that Google searches are going to disappear soon is amazing. I am curious to know how many of you use aggregators or know what RSS stands for or if you make your own podcasts. If you don't, you better catch up, because that is what the rest of the world is doing.

I am working hard to make this class relevant to todays technology (I think you have figured that out). I will be developing processes for you to be starting your own blogs for class and working on your own wikis.

There are many of you ready to help me try these technologies out. If you have been nailing the work so far I'd like you to try doing these alternative assignments. See me if you want to try some of these new technologies.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: