Step 1: Create an account in wikipedia. This should work today. If it is IP address blocking you try this procedure.
Step 2: Complete the tutorial. Wikipedia's editing rules are serious.
Step 3: Begin editing the Seymour High School page. Follow the wikipedia rules to decide:
- What is relevant?
- What can you provide sources for?
- How should you format the entries and edits?
- Do your edits follow the format for wikipedia?
- Do the edits get rejected by other editors?
- Do you add value to Wikipedia?
- Did you finish the tutorial and show evidence of that work in your editing?
- You should have between 10-15 substantive edits (not fixing typos, etc...) before March 31. This will be hard for some of you.
- I should see some edits over a period of time (not all on one day). This is to show that you are checking your work and responding to other editors.
- Edits survive on at least two pages.
- Do you help classmates as you complete the tutorial?
- Do you utilize the chat functions to communicate with other editors?
- Do your edits respect other viewpoints?