I think everyone got off to a good start on their blogs. A few notes:
1. Many of you wrote well thought out responses that show evidence of reading and discussion. Some of you didn't. I won't be accepting sloppy work.
2. Be sure to save your work in the correct folder on the UDrive---not just in the UDrive.
3. Put a line break between paragraphs.
4. When you comment be sure to leave your URL (not your email).
There are four main categories we are covering in this unit; bias, accessibility, usability, and ethics. Today we will focus on accessibility.
Read this article. Introduction to Web Accessibility. And this post from David Pogue. We will watch this CBS News Video together in class.
Create an MS Word document.
Answer the following questions:
- List and summarize the major categories of disabilities (visual, hearing, motor, cognitive). Find the link on the AIM site that describe each of the four disabilities.
- Try using the computer without using the keyboard. How would this change this experience?
- Briefly write about the challenges and opportunities for disabled people as computers become more mobile and cheap.
- What is our obligation to serve those with disabilities?
Copy file to your blog and submit.