Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Wednesday

We are approaching the end of the semester. I am very happy with the progress we have made. I believe all classes have a solid understanding of the objectives (usability, accessibility, bias, design) of the course. If you look back at your work for the semester I think you have gained a lot of technical expertise, probably without even realizing it.

This is my second year teaching web design here. I know the Web 1 and Web 2 classes did better this year than the crew I had last year. The work I assigned was roughly the same, but the quality of the work is much higher and more consistent.

Web3 has been a challenge for me as the both the content and the class are new. Learning pacing on a new class is a challenge. How long will each concept take? I have tried to set up an environment where you can learn at your own pace and according to your learning style.

The first day of class I spoke of moving the class from dependent learners (R1) to independent learners (R4). I think we have succeeded in that. Do you agree? Let me know in the survey.

Please take the survey.

Web 3:

Continue to do some extra tutorial work in Flash as we close up the semester. Now that your knowledge base is broader I think you are finding these much easier to do.

Web 2:

We are almost done with the book. Your websites should be almost done as well. Check rubric.

Web 1:

While we have had some coding difficulties I think we have a small understanding about style sheets and Javascript. Most of you will move on to Chapter 9 today. Chapter 9 is simple. You have a form and you will add a formula to it. Think before you type. If you get stuck I put the solution in the UDrive.

No comments: