We got the following in this week:
1. Lots of Subway gift cards.
2. A ton of stuff from Planet Fitness, including two memberships, bags, shirts, bottles, etc...
If your letter worked please write a thank you letter. I have envelopes.
I like this story about confidence.
Challenge #11: Create a one page resume and put in your google shared folder. This is a TRADITIONAL resume. Here are some tips. Here is an example. I will spend a lot of time on this assignment. We will make infographic resumes shortly.
Some things to think about:
- Use Evernote to make notes and brainstorm about the resume.
- List EVERYTHING you could possibly include. Only include stuff you did in middle school if it is truly amazing (like winning a National Science Fair or something).
- Follow the format, follow the format, follow the format.
- Use active verbs. Quantify everything:
- Created and published movie review podcast that reached 75 listeners per day
- Directed Hope Club recruitment plan that increased membership by 75%
- Implemented lunch recycling plan that resulted in 35% reduction in cafeteria waste
Challenge #12: Create an account in Meograph. Create a meograph around one of the following:
- Your family vacations.
- Your favorite professional teams best season (Road to Victory...)
- Battles of the Revolutionary War
- Upcoming tour of your favorite singer/band