Over the next few days all students will be getting their blogmeisters started. We will talk a lot about building an audience, blogging ethics, and 3d writing as we move forward. But I just want you to get started today.
A few notes:
1. Do your typing in MS Word or notepad. Check spelling before you send.
2. Click request publishing.
3. When leaving comments leave first initial and last name (Bschneider) and your web address so people can respond.
4. The blog will not post until I accept it. Don't keep clicking.
5. You can access your blog from anywhere. But so can anyone else. Everything that you write will be there forever.
6. I am sure there a ton of things I will remember, I haven't activated these blogs in while.
7. Please don't use first and last names. Always use first name and last initial.
8. Always use links. If you talk about somebody's blog, then link to it!
9. The blog accepts HTML code.
Spend a little time exploring the controls on the blog. This is a VERY simple layout.
- Put your score in your blog (be honest!) and see if it improves later.
- Don't say "I took a typing test". Say "I took a typing test". Demonstrate that you know how to code a link.
- Leave a comment with your first name and last initial in the name box. Copy YOUR blogmeister web address for the URL box. Do this with me if you aren't sure.