Today we will set-up our blogs:
1. Go to your SeymourSchools Google Account.
2. Click the boxes, go to Blogger.
3. Create a blog (we will discuss). This is a professional blog.
4. Go to settings. Enable Google+ comments.
5. Make it pretty.
- We will discuss digital footprints and blogging code of ethics.
- We will log-in to our blogs and make our first post. Share the post with the Google+ Class community (I'm not sure how this will work yet...)
- Next, we will leave a comment on a classmates blog, using the proper procedure. Make the comment in Google+.
- Much of today is us figuring out the Google+ to blogger integration.
- Put your score in your blog (be honest!) and see if it improves later.
- Don't say "I took a typing test". Say "I took a typing test".
- Demonstrate that you know how to code a link.
- Communication and Collaboration is our 2nd standard. We use the clustrmap to collect data about how well our message gets out.
- Go to the Get One page.
- Complete the form. Be sure to use the correct web address for your blog. If you do not have an email to submit this will not work.
- The password will come to your email.
- Submit password on clustrmap page. They will then give you a long code that you copy.
- Go to your blog, log-in and open the control panel.
- Click Layout
- Click Add a Gadget
- Click "HTML Script"
- Add embed code that you copied.
- Your clustrmap should appear on your blog.
5. You can also check out meez if you want to add an avatar to your site . You could also try voki.com. What image do you want to portray to the world? These codes go in the sidebar as an additional HTML script.