On the blogmeister we have been estimating how much paper Seymour High School uses in 1 year. Seymour High School has about 900 students.
I received the answer yesterday afternoon:
In the 2005-06 fiscal year (July 1, 2005 to June 30, 2006) SHS used 450 cases of paper, with 10 reams in each case. Total reams of paper is 4500, which equals 2,250,000 sheets of copy paper (500 sheets per ream).
Today's assignment will involve applying this knowledge and preparing a response.
If each piece of paper is connected end to end (assume each piece is 1 foot long) how many miles long would my paper train be? A mile is 5,280 feet.
Using routebuilder answer the following questions:
- Is my paper train long enough to reach Canada from Seymour?
- Is my paper train long enough to travel the circumference of Connecticut?
- If my paper train was a bridge could I travel from Canada to Greenland?
- If you could only travel as far as this train which city/town/event would you go to? Find a web link about this item. Why would you choose this item?
- Using blogmeister please answer these questions. Be sure to use proper style, links, etc... I encourage you to include other links that might be appropriate (about the places you visit, paperless classrooms, google maps, etc...). Format your entry correctly (paragraphs, grammer, etc..).
I am looking to see:
- Can you follow directions?
- Can you use the internet to find information?
- Can you do the simple math?
- Can you write about it in an interesting way?