Today is a prep day for the final exam. You need to know how to do the following.
1. Make a basic webpage using a table for layout that is highly usable.
2. Use fireworks to manipulate an image.
3. Create animations using Flash.
4. Tell a story.
5. Search and evaluate internet sources.
6. Develop an audience.
It will be very hard to complete the exam during the allotted time so I am giving you some assignments now. I urge you to work hard today.
Your exam will be a website that demonstrates the "web" in 1980, 1995, and 2010. I will give all the details next week.
- Create a folder in your WDrive. Name it correctly (BSchneiderFinalExam).
- All work will be stored in this folder.
- Research the following questions. Keep the notes in your folder.
- Who is credited with inventing the internet?
- How did the internet develop? Who used it first?
- How many internet enabled devices existed in 1980? 1995? 2010? (you will have to estimate, but you can find this information).
- How many people regularly accessed the internet in 1980? 1995? 2010?
- Think, research, review the following questions.
- How is your family/social life different than a high school student in 1980 or 1995? Focus on how the internet has changed daily life (for better or worse).
- How is your school/academic life different than a high school student in 1980 or 1995?
- Prepare a very simple Flash animation to display on "the internet" page (see above). For example, a computer zooming into focus, or a smartphone "buzzing".
- Prepare simple Fireworks images of "The Internet", 1980, 1995, 2010 to display as headings at the top of each page.