Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Last night was a big night! Do you know how to use Voicethread? We have it on the iPad now. Great story telling tool.
Get your website tests in. When done you will need to rename your folder (bschneiderflashtest) and copy it to the UDrive class folder.
Please don't be the person who forgets to rename it in the WDrive.
Posted by Brandt Schneider at 7:34 PM
- Set up a basic HTML page. Name it "home". Title it "Awesome Flash Animations"
- Embed a shiny headline into the webpage. When you create the movie be sure the canvas is the correct size (long and thin)
- Center it
- Use the <embed src="shiny text.swf" align=center> command to embed the movie title. Note that you are embedding the Movie, not the Flash file.
- Create two Flash Animations
- Stick Figure I give you direction for this.
- Flowers I don't give you directions for this. Solve the puzzle!
- Put the two animations in a 1 row table. You may need to play with the height/width of the movies.
- <Table align="center" border="1">
- <TD><embed src="stick.swf"></TD>
- <TD><embed src=flower.swf"></TD>
- How you solve problems of a technical nature.
- That you complete the project.
- That your Flash and HTML code is correct.
- The creativity that you can add to the project.
Posted by Brandt Schneider at 6:41 AM
Thursday, November 17, 2011
I'm going to give you a series of items to work on today. Do ALL the activities and choose any TWO to write about on your blog (with links!!).
1. Check out a Google Skills List. Try some of them. Have you been using Google effectively?
2. Do any of those skills help you solve todays Google Puzzle?
3. Can you win Third World Farmer? How do games help you learn? Being a 3rd world farmer can be frustrating and hard and life just isn't fair is it?
4. Are Theo Jansen creatures alive? Why or why not?
5. Take five minutes and look at Book Creator and Show Me on the iPad.
6. Leave a comment on a 1st graders blog, here, or here. Be sure to log in first if on blogmeister and leave SUPER nice and SUPER polite short entries for the kids. On the other sites if it asks for your blog be sure to copy the correct address of YOUR blog. Find some other blogs on the front page of blogmeister. Hint: they will come back and read your blog. Be ready!
What am I grading:
1. Can you follow directions?
2. Can you process information from many sources and accomplish a task (leave comments, write, etc...)?
3. Can you work effectively with others?
I am hoping to grade your blogs this weekend. Please edit any blogs that need editing. Each blog should include links, a Title, have no spelling errors or typos, and be solid writing. Double check all of them and make sure you have submitted all.
If you finish tackle some more Flash or Fireworks tutorials.
Posted by Brandt Schneider at 3:08 PM
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
You need to complete the basic tutorials form the last session first. Be sure to understand shape tween, motion tween, layers, and masking.
Today please complete the following. These are much more complicated. Some of these are video tutorials. Be sure to use your headphones to respect your neighbors. I suggest splitting your screen when doing the tutorials (tutorial on left, Flash on right)
Zoom In Zoom Out
Drag and Drop (action Script coding)
Basic Slide Show
Importing Sound to Flash
Want to do something else? Search on google or YouTube and find a tutorial.
If you have not read the Morris Lassmore book on the iPad try to do that today if you have time. Be sure to write about the experience (with links!) on your blog.
Posted by Brandt Schneider at 3:05 PM
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Flash is kind of dead. Adobe just pretty much killed it. But, we have the software and I think it will be an excellent way to introduce you to animation. We will explore several tools.
Please complete the following tutorials at a minimum on Monday:
Posted by Brandt Schneider at 8:27 PM
- Finish the Veterans Day assignment. Be sure to save/submit it properly.
- Who had the best Snow test? Check the UDrive. Leave a comment on that person's blog saying "I thought your test was the best because....."
- Check out the article about the Morris Lassmore book. Check the book out on the iPad (I don't have it on all iPads yet, be patient). It is amazing. Write about how reading is changing.
- Can you win the Redistricting Game?
Posted by Brandt Schneider at 6:43 AM