I am in meetings today. I have left comments on most of your blogs and most of your .pdf books. Please make sure you check and edit anything today. Wednesday I will work on grading everything with you.
Please answer the following questions on your blog:
1. List the projects that you completed and the story subject for each. (I wrote an ebook about German Cuisine).
2. Which is your best project? Which tells the best story? Why?
3. Whose classwork has impressed you? Why? Be sure when you list their name you make it a link to their blog.
4. Each of these assignments has been published on the web. Does that change the quality of your work? Why or why not?
5. Which is your favorite way to tell a story? Animation, voicethread, eBooks, images, or showme? Which is your favorite way to "read/watch" a story?
Please include links to your work or your classmates work.
I would like you to watch at least three videos today from start to finish. Everyone must watch the Bobby McFerrin video. I give you some prompts to start a discussion on your blog. Some of these videos are about 10-20 minutes long. They say teenagers can't pay attention to anything. Prove them wrong.
John Maeda: A smart, funny guy talks about simplicity. Think about how simplicity is the driving force in design (hint: iPods).
Rives: This guy can talk. Power of the spoken word. I laughed out loud (also notice his use of powerpoint). Check this poem about the internet by Rives. Fascinating (and why you should work on your poetry).
What did you learn? Share what you learned. What did you watch? Start a conversation. Can you add something to a discussion?
Be sure to have links to the talk on your blog.