For your final project I am going to ask that you build an online resume or portfolio. Who are you? What do you want to tell the world?
I have spoken before that I am amazed at some of your twitter and facebook accounts. Some of you swear, say bad things about classmates, ridicule your teachers and in a PUBLIC FORUM. Remember, none of your posts are private.
Now, some of you do all those things in the hallway too, but its fundamentally different when you attach the megaphone of the internet. Why? Because its there forever. I mean the real forever. Eternity. We can even track your deleted tweets.
Also, many of you have not made a footprint on the internet. Your blogs in this class were an effort to create one. When people google you, what will they find? If they find nothing, thats not so good either. In 2012, people judge people based on the stuff they have done--and the only place they look is the internet.
Check out some sample student portfolios.
- Create using HTML and notepad and then post in our UDrive.
- Utilize online tools such as wix, weebly or google sites.
- Be yours. Who are you?
- Be creative. Use tools to highlight why people should notice you.
- Be cool. Can you make people visit your page and stay there?
- Be modern. Does your site look like it was made in 2012 or 1996?
- Don't include things like your address or phone number.
- Don't include pictures, videos, text that are copyrighted.
- Must be turned in by Monday June 11. Grades will close in