Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What the heck are we doing?

I wanted to say hello and to give a brief overview of some things we will be learning this semester. It is odd for me to write this today. I have looked at my class and know only a handful of you. I do not know what type of work you have created in the past. However, I am certain that I will push you to create, analyze, and innovate. I will ask you to do your best every day.

What will we cover?

Internet Literacy: This is a new introductory level course. In this course you will learn the basics of web page design, coding, video, and audio production. You will learn how to navigate the internet appropriately, how to create content, and how to absorb information effectively and efficiently. This class will be a little fun and wild as we have never done it before!

Web 2 (Dreamweaver): This is the 2nd level class. In this class you will learn more advanced techniques using the Dreamweaver program. We hope to incorporate work in animation and image manipulation as well. There will be a significant emphasis and collaborating with classmates and with people around the world.

Web 3/4 (Flash): This the 3rd leavel class for students who completed Web 1 and Web 2. Your focus will largely be on creation and design. What makes an effective, usable website? We will enter the ThinkQuest competition as our 2nd semester project. This class is entirely project/studio based.

No comments: